Monday, January 18, 2010

Maya Angelou: And Still I Rise

Check out this video by Maya Angelou as she reads her poem "And Still I Rise". She starts out talking a little and then she reads her poem-


This is one of my favorite poems by Maya Angelou, and it really gives voice to the resilience and strength of so many women when they face adversity.
maya angelou "still I rise" feminist poetry feminist poems maya angelou poems
You Can Find This and Other Maya Angelou Poems In:
Maya Angelou: Poems
The Complete Collected Poems of Maya Angelou
maya angelou poems, maya angelou poetry, poetry about strong independent women, resilient women

No comments:

Just Who is this Mary Kay Lady?

I've always considered myself to not be one of those "hair and nails" girls who are constantly obsessed with makeup and lookin...