Friday, January 15, 2010

Thanks for Your Support =)

A couple of posts ago, I mentioned that my partner and I are currently working on a web project, which I am SUPER excited about. I will primarily be behind the scenes as I love to do and will be working on overseeing the conceptualization and creative aspect of it all. I'd love to give more public details, but I have to respect the privacy of my partner since she is not necessarily tied to my online persona.

In a nutshell, I'm excited because I have decided that I am going to start working towards the promotion of women. I'll be doing that in a way with the project that I am working on with my partner, but I also have brainstormed a number of additional online projects that I would like to start sometime this year, where my primary focus will be the empowerment of women.

I've always been highly curious, flitting from one project to the next, but now I am ready to settle down and set my priorities.  I am working towards this transition of eventually leaving the "system" where I work for someone else and start to transition into working for myself and hiring women.  I can't quite put my finger on exactly what I would like to do, but in time as I work on this other project with my partner I will definitely figure it out.

In the meantime, I am asking for support from my loyal readers as I start off on this journey. In the near future, I would like to hire female writers to write on this blog, or the future website that I will be moving this blog over to. I am funding the other project that I mentioned, and would like to start a finance plan to eventually hire writers to write about issues pertinent to women. So, this is how I need your support in order to make this happen in the future:

If you ever shop on Amazon,  please consider clicking on this link. When you have clicked on the link, please immediately save it on your bookmarks. In the future when you plan on shopping on Amazon, please visit Amazon through the link that you saved on your bookmark. Why? Well, the link includes a bad ass femmes code and we will get a very, very small percentage of your purchases. When you click through, you won't see the code, but rest assured that it is there-provided that you save it immediately on your bookmark. If you go to Amazon through your bookmark in the future, it will still contain my code.

Although it is a small commission, it will eventually add up to enough money that I plan on using to pay writers in the future. I am just starting small now and am in the brainstorming stage, but your support with clicking through to Amazon with the bad ass femmes link and saving it on your bookmarks would be greatly appreciated. If you're not an Amazon shopper, then please send me your you-go-girl type of thoughts!

Also, if there are any women who blog or write who would like to collaborate, please hit me up. 

P.S. If you know of anyone else who wouldn't mind helping out, please spread the word. If you do this, please let me know here, through twitter, facebook or email so that I can give you a big THANK YOU!

Thank you. xoxox

No comments:

Just Who is this Mary Kay Lady?

I've always considered myself to not be one of those "hair and nails" girls who are constantly obsessed with makeup and lookin...