Monday, January 11, 2010

Confessions of an Office Politics Queen

Yesterday I wrote how I verbally slapped the hell out of a meddling bitch who constantly undermines me. I sent a pretty aggressive email message that told her that I didn't appreciate her insinuations that I wasn't doing my job when the dumb ass was the one who had failed to include me in a project.

It was a pretty rough day today after having sent that email. I had already been called into the head honcho's office on Friday because of an email that I sent that she complained about, so I was sure that I was B-u-s-t-e-d with a capital B. I was thinking all day long about how I would be able to weasel out of it all day.

I started to doubt what I did, wondering if I had acted in an unprofessional manner and was perhaps being a bit too direct and aggressive. I was confused and doubting myself all day long.

And then I got the telephone call from my boss that he wanted to see me in his office at 2:00 sharp. I admit that I was a bit nervous about the conversation that would take place because I wasn't sure how he was going to react.

I admit that my email was pretty aggressive. Not only did I send the aggressive email, I decided to cc it to the head man in charge, my boss, two of her equals, and three people who worked below her. My strategy was three-fold:
  • I wanted to show the bitch that I am not afraid to bitch slap her in front of her boss, co-workers or employees. I suspect that because she is older than me, she views my 33ishness as being weak somehow. 
  • I wanted to scare the hell out of her three employees who are my equals. I figured that if they saw me bitch slapping their boss that they would think twice about also undermining me, which they have been doing. I also know that one of them is a huge gossip, and I am hoping that my bitch slapping behavior will be told to a few other assholes in their department who have been undermining me for the past two years. 
  • I wanted her boss to see what a big asshole she is. I knew that I was risking looking like an asshole myself, but I figured that it was worth the risk because I suspect that she is pulling the wool over his eyes.
Before I went to see my boss, I checked my email in order to see if she had emailed me back. It's lucky for her that she hadn't because I am having a challenge keeping my attitude in check.

So there I sat, in the parking lot, wondering what my boss was going to say or do to me. I sat there slightly doubting myself, wondering if I had gone overboard. But then I just thought, "To hell with it. I said what I said, and I stand by my actions".

You'll have to wait to see what happened next because I am so exhausted that  I can barely see these letters anymore. Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

feministified said...

seriously, your leaving this as a cliff hanger? you *are* wicked. :)

The Absence of Alternatives said...

AHhhhh... NO.... Cliff Hanger....

Well, though it has happened, the talk between you and your boss, I am keeping my fingers crossed that whatever I will be reading today (almost 3 am 'cause I am catching up on commenting...) will be good news. Keep up the good fight.

Just Who is this Mary Kay Lady?

I've always considered myself to not be one of those "hair and nails" girls who are constantly obsessed with makeup and lookin...