Sunday, July 5, 2009

Prisoner of Words Unsaid

I've decided that I'll stay with the topic of freedom of speech that I've been obsessing over during this Independence Day weekend. So, I'll piggyback off of my last post about the Dixie Chicks and how their bad ass little country selves spoke out against president Bush. 

This spoken word video by Alicia Keys is about how we oppress ourselves by not speaking up and/or speaking out. It's called POW:


I've never been one to bite my tongue or hold anything back. It's my life long mission to empower other women who might hold themselves back from really saying what they want to say. Just say what's on your mind, ladies!!

No comments:

Just Who is this Mary Kay Lady?

I've always considered myself to not be one of those "hair and nails" girls who are constantly obsessed with makeup and lookin...